Queensland Regional Art Awards 2018
Artist Statement: Artist statement must address the 2018 theme, ‘Wanderlust’. Entries that do not address the theme may be deemed ineligible.
Number of Entries: There is no entry limit. One artwork per entry.
Artist Consent: The signed or digitally signed entry form indicates the artist’s consent to the full terms and conditions stated within this document. Artists agree to the display and broadcast of their submitted entry for People’s Choice voting. Flying Arts staff and its representatives reserve the right not to publish artworks deemed unsuitable or offensive.
Entry fee is non-refundable, even if artwork is deemed ineligible.
Image submission Guidelines
Professional quality images of the artwork are required for judging. Please submit an image of no smaller than 1748 x 2480 pixels (approximately A4 size at 300dpi), between 1 – 2 MB in size.
- The image file/s must be named using your name and the artwork title as listed in the entry form. eg:
- 2D works: artists must submit one image of the artwork.
- 3D works: artists may submit up to two images of the artwork.
- Digital works: artists must upload or forward a still image of the work, and forward high resolution and standard resolution copies of the file (in MP4, MPEG or AVI format) to Flying Arts Alliance via DVD or Dropbox.
Age: 15 or over
Location: Artists must live in regional or remote Queensland, outside of the Brisbane City Council boundary. More information below.
Group Entries: If the work is collaborative, all artists must be named, locations given, and give consent for entry. If the artwork wins a prize, a primary recipient must accept the prize on the group’s behalf.Judges of the award, current Flying Arts employees, board members, and their immediate family are not eligible to enter.
Works in any visual medium completed after 1 July 2017 accepted.
|2D works (including frame)||120cm||120cm||<10kg|
|Wall-hanging 3D works||120cm||120cm||25cm||<10kg|
|Free-standing 3D works||50cm||50cm||50cm||<25kg|
Other Eligibility Requirements: All artworks must be the original work of the artist/s. Artwork must not have previously won a major State, National or International art prize or award.
Tour Requirements (If artwork is selected to tour)
Tour Dates: Nov 2018 – Jan 2020.
Artist Responsibilities for Tour Readiness:
- D-rings must be installed for hanging works.
- Works on paper, photographs and thin stretched canvases must be framed. All framed works must use perspex – glass will not be accepted.
- Artists must arrange for delivery of their artwork to the Flying Arts Office in Brisbane and for collection of their works on conclusion of the tour, at their own expense. Flying Arts will be responsible for freight during the touring exhibition.
Display of Artworks: The curator and/or venues reserve the right not to install artworks deemed unsafe for public display and to use a selection process at their discretion if the total number of artworks exceeds venue capacity.
Copyright Clearance: Selected touring artists and winners allow the sponsors, venues and Flying Arts to take photographs and/or use submitted photo documentation of the full or partial artwork for publicity of the specific exhibition and/or prize which they have entered, and for exhibition didactic purposes prior to and during the exhibition period without fee. Archival images can be used for reporting purposes after the exhibition period with appropriate artist attribution. The artworks will not be used for any commercial activities or promotions without consent of the artist and payment for use.
Artwork sales: If you make your work available for sale, Flying Arts will take a 33% commission (inc. GST) of the retail price (excl. GST). Flying Arts acts as agent for the artist who is the seller of the work.
To be eligible for the Queensland Regional Art Awards, you must live outside of the Brisbane City Council boundary.
For the Remote Artist Award, you must live in remote Queensland, more than 300km from an urban centre. Queensland Urban Centres include:
- Gold Coast
- Sunshine Coast
- Harvey Bay