Become a 500 Club Donor today and help transform Queensland communities through enriching visual arts programs.
The Flying Arts 500 Club is our valued Donor Circle whose donations substantially support our mission to provide a creative life for all Queenslanders.
For almost 50 years, Flying Arts Alliance has worked to connect, inspire, educate and engage artists and educators at all stages of their careers. Donations ensure that artists, creative communities and young people from across Queensland, particularly those from regional rural and remote areas, can access and experience over 200 enriching arts experiences, programs and services.
Your annual donation of at least $500 to our ‘Art for Life’ fund via the 500 Club will make a big difference by supporting some of Flying Arts’ most important initiatives, outlined below, and contributing to building a vibrant visual arts landscape across Queensland.
Queensland’s Creative Communities Need Our Help
Queensland was starting to recover from bushfires, floods and drought when the world was rocked by COVID-19 – an unprecedented pandemic that has devastated our state, country and, indeed, the world.
Creative individuals and communities have been among the hardest hit with school, gallery and gathering-place closures, mass cancellations of events and activities, travel restrictions and in many cases, a life-changing loss of personal income. Lives and livelihoods have been profoundly affected.
As an industry and as individuals, as restrictions ease, we are now entering a period of recovery.
What Flying Arts is doing
Flying Arts have been working hard behind the scenes to ensure that we can continue to provide vital services to artists, artsworkers, creative communities and schools across Queensland. We have been innovating our programs, adapting more of our professional development for online delivery where possible, and most importantly, making sure that the services we provide remain accessible.
Artists and arts experiences are vital to our communities and our cultural identity. It is the reason we do this work. And we are doing everything we can to support them.
How can you help?
Your tax-deductible donation will support Queensland’s artists, artsworkers, educators, schools and communities by enhancing our programs that enhance careers, hone practices, build professional pathways, and engage young people in enriching arts programs. It will help us get our exhibitions back on the road again, and into regional Queensland.
Perhaps most importantly, at this very pivotal time in history, it will enable us to ensure that arts experiences and professional development for those who wish to pursue art as a lifetime interest or career remains accessible for all Queenslanders.
Please give back to our artists and creative communities who give us so much by donating to our Art For Life Fund. Every dollar makes a difference. Thank You!
Your $500 donation will truly make a difference by supporting programs like:
- Our signature event, the Queensland Regional Art Awards that provides regional artists with a substantial opportunities for recognition and exposure and helps us expand our exhibitions to more regional, rural and remote galleries.
- Our Small Schools Programs, which provides bespoke arts and educational workshops to schools of 50 students or less to benefit our youngest and most isolated communities members. Support by the 500 Club in 2019 helped enable 314 primary aged students from 12 schools to participate in a program. Read about the great results of the 2019 Small Schools projects.
- Our next generation of artists through residencies that develop writing, editing and cutting edge creative skills through our Artiz program for high-school aged young people from rural, regional and remote Queensland
Please make a tax-deductible donation of $500 today and make a difference to Queensland’s artists and creative communities.
All donations over $2 are tax deductible.
In thanks for your generosity as a 500 Club Donor, you will:
- Receive updates on how YOUR donations are making a difference
- Receive invitations to Flying Arts VIP and other special events and exhibition launches such as Art at Toonarbin
- Be listed as a 500 Club donor in the Flying Arts Annual Report*
- Be listed as a 500 Club donor* on pages of 500 Club donor supported activities
- Receive^ regular Flying Arts e-news bulletins, Queensland Regional Art Awards program and other communications
It only takes a few minutes to donate, but can make a lifetime of difference.
Thank you for providing a creative life for our Queensland artists and communities!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or want to recommend others to donate to the 500 Club.
Flying Arts Alliance is listed in the Registration of Cultural Organisations, and has Deductible Gift Recipient and Tax Charity Concession status. All donation above $2 are tax deductible.
Your contribution will directly support programs and activities in schools and communities in regional and remote areas. All donations will be recognised and receipted. Alternatively, call the office on 07 3216 1322 for EFT details.
* only if donor wishes to be publicly acknowledged
^ optional – only if donor wishes to receive enews bulletins
Ravenswood State School students at the iconic Railway Hotel during their Plein Air Drawing Workshop with Flying Arts Facilitator, Lee FullARTon. Photographer: L. FullARTon
Ravenswood State School student participant, Dallas Easton, during a plein air Drawing Workshop with Flying Arts Facilitator, Lee FullARTon. Photographer: L. FullARTon
Ravenswood State School student participants and Flying Arts Facilitator, Lee FullARTon.