The Regional Arts Fund is an ongoing program that provides approximately $3.6 million per year to support artists and communities in regional and remote areas. The Regional Arts Fund is part of the Australian Government’s Arts and Cultural Development Program that supports participation in, and access to, Australia’s arts and culture through developing and supporting cultural expression.
The Regional Arts Fund is managed by Regional Arts Australia on behalf of the Australian Government.
Regional Arts Australia contracts regional arts organisations (Regional Program Administrators) in each state and territory to deliver the program and award grants to artists, arts workers and organisations. Regional Arts Australia and Regional Program Administrators also deliver projects of a strategic nature.
The objectives of the Regional Arts Fund are to support and promote participation in, and access to, Australia’s arts and culture in regional and remote Australia, and through doing so:
- Encourage and support sustainable economic, social and cultural outcomes in regional communities;
- Develop partnerships and networks which leverage financial and/or in−kind support for regional arts projects and encourage ongoing collaboration;
- Develop audiences and broaden community engagement with the arts;
- Increase employment and professional development opportunities for, and raise the profile of, regional and remote artists; and
- Support quality and viability of artistic and cultural activity.
To achieve these objectives, the Regional Arts Fund will award grants for projects and programs benefiting regional and remote areas.
Quick Response Grants are intended to assist regional artists, arts organisations and communities to take up professional or skills development or small project opportunities.
The Project Grants stream supports applications which benefit the community, increase access and participation, and/or provide direct benefits to artists/arts workers.
New Regional Arts Fund Guidelines for 2021
On behalf of the Australian Government, Regional Arts Australia has introduced updated RAF Guidelines for Project Grants and Quick Response Grants, effective 1 July 2021. These new Guidelines will standardise the administration of RAF nationally, in response to feedback across the regional arts sector.
Fourteen Arts Projects supported in latest round of Regional Arts Fund Queensland Grants
Flying Arts Alliance and Regional Arts Australia are pleased to announce the successful recipients of grants totalling $328,415 – more than twice the amount of funding distributed in the previous round of Project Grants in early 2020.
RAF Renewal Successful Applicants Announced
Four key regional Queensland arts companies will undertake multi-year post-COVID renewal initiatives thanks to the Australian Government’s Regional Arts Fund (RAF). Flying Arts Alliance and Regional Arts Australia have announced the successful recipients of a total of $600,000 in strategic arts funding under the RAF Recovery Boost – Renewal grant stream. These companies will each receive $150,000 over three years to implement programs focused on strategic growth and renewed arts practice.
RAF Community Grants Round 1 2020 Recipients Announced
The Morrison Government has today announced 46 recipients across Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria and Western Australia that will receive a share in more than $668,000 to support artistic and professional development activities through the Regional Arts Fund.
Regional Arts Fund Recovery Boost
The Recovery Boost is a $10 million targeted measure announced by the Australian Government in 2020 as part of the Relief and Recovery Fund. It responds to the difficulties experienced by regional artists, arts organisations and communities who have been heavily impacted by COVID-19.
News and Funding Updates
- Media Release: $600,000 Funding Supports Four Arts Industry Renewal Initiatives in Regional Queensland
- Media Release: Regional Arts Fund to boost arts and cultural recovery in QLD
- Media Release: Regional Arts receive a recovery boost
- Media Release: Regional Arts Fund Supports Queensland Community Arts Project
- Announcement: Successful Arts Ablaze Travel Subsidy Recipients
- Media Release: Regional Arts Fund Round 2, 2018 Community Project Grant Recipients
For further assistance please contact us on (07) 3216 1322, or email email@example.com
The Regional Arts Fund (RAF) is an Australian Government program designed to benefit regional and remote arts practitioners, arts workers, audiences and communities. The fund is provided through Regional Arts Australia and is administered in Queensland by Flying Arts Alliance.