(Sunday) 10:00 am - 3:00 pm AEST(GMT+10:00) View in my time
Are you looking to gain or refresh your facilitation skills and engage with new audiences? This workshop gives you guidance and confidence to prepare, design and deliver successful artist workshops
Are you looking to gain or refresh your facilitation skills and engage with new audiences? This workshop gives you guidance and confidence to prepare, design and deliver successful artist workshops online and in person for children and young people.
Covering a range of topics, it includes the different types of workshops artists can facilitate for these groups, how to prepare for a workshop of this nature, and ways to adapt and deliver activities for different ages and curricula. With the knowledge gained you will be able to create and run your own exciting and engaging art workshops for a range of contexts.
Please note: This workshop will be delivered online due to current Coronavirus restrictions.
– Understand the different types of workshops artists can facilitate.
– Know how to consider Resources, Content, Structure, and Audience.
– Know what online platforms to consider and how to structure content differently.
– Gain specific resources to help design an art workshop.
– Create a plan for your own artist workshop.
Participants to Bring:
– Any ideas for a workshop they would like to facilitate.
– Laptop or pen and paper for note-taking, if desired.
– Lunch or snacks – there are several food establishments within walking distance of the venue if preferred. Tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided.
Liam Herne is an interdisciplinary artist based in Brisbane. Herne studied Fine Art at the University of Hertfordshire and after graduating in 2008 exhibited his work around the UK before moving to Australia in 2013. Since then he has been continuing to his show his work nationally and internationally. Herne works as an art teacher at St Joseph’s College Gregory Terrace. He is also a workshop facilitator for Flying Arts Alliance and Hands On Art. He is currently the coordinator of The Incubator exhibition, an annual art exhibition showcasing the talents of young emerging artists based in Brisbane.