09aug10:00 am4:00 pmCancelledLaser cutting: creative constructionEducator Workshop
(Sunday) 10:00 am - 4:00 pm AEST(GMT+10:00) View in my time
The Edge, State Library of Queensland
Stanley Place, Cultural Centre, Southbank
Walk through the design and making process involved in using a laser cutter and how to use it for school projects. Learn how to use Adobe to design objects which
Walk through the design and making process involved in using a laser cutter and how to use it for school projects. Learn how to use Adobe to design objects which are then be ready to be cut or etched on the laser cutter. Suitable for educators, artists and artsworkers, the workshop uses the laser cutter located in the Fabrication Lab at The Edge. It can cut and etch wood, plastics, paper, cloth and leather quickly and accurately.
In this induction you will:
– Learn what software you can use.
– Know how to prepare design files and how to operate the machine safely.
– Use your creativity to personalise the design template provided.
– Take home your first project.
Participants to Bring:
– Laptop or pen and paper for note-taking, if desired.
– Lunch or snacks – there are several food establishments within walking distance of the venue if preferred. Tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided.
Participants must wear enclosed shoes.
This workshop is facilitated by staff from The Edge, the State Library space for creativity, ideas and experimentation. With a host of resources to bring creative visions to life, The Edge provides workshops, facilitated meetups, community lab and ongoing programs to help you learn and connect. The Fabrication Lab, where this workshop is held, is an open access community makerspace with equipment and tools that include laser cutter, soldering station, 3D printer, sewing machine or CNC Router.