We’ve hit the ground running!
2017 is set to be our best year yet. We’re kicking off the year in Flying Arts style – with a packed program of workshops, projects and more, to be delivered all across Queensland.
Our Scheduled programs for Artists + Artsworkers, Young Artists and Educators are already taking registrations and bookings!
- Artists + Artsworkers, our Exhibition Development Program is making its way to Cairns for the first time this March! Registrations close 17 February, so book soon to secure your spot.
- Young Artists are invited to apply for Art Enquirer, our innovative program for Year 12 students who want to hone their arts writing skills and be published by the time they hit uni. Applications close 17 March.
- Educators, we have three professional development opportunities coming your way in February – two workshops and a webinar! Learn how to merge art and science ahead of the 2017 World Science Festival in March.
We’ll also see the return of our popular Brisbane and Touring Exhibitions, and have some exciting announcements coming soon regarding the 2017 Queensland Regional Art Awards.
Our By Request programs are also back for Creative Communities and Schools! Give us a call and chat to our By Request Programs Lead if you’d like to book an on-demand workshop or project to be delivered in your local community or classroom.
Here’s to a productive and prosperous 2017!
Onwards and upwards,
There have been a few title changes in the Flying Arts office, as we’ve had a minor restructure! Here are the new titles and who best to contact depending on your enquiry:
- Scheduled Program Lead (Elysha Rei) – Programs for Artists + Artsworkers, Young Artists and Educators that are delivered on a set schedule throughout the year. This position also coordinates the Queensland Regional Art Awards.
- By Request Program Lead (Jess Cuddihy) – Programs for Schools and Creative Communities. These programs are delivered on-demand anywhere in Queensland or online.
- Exhibitions Program Lead (Maya Carter-Malins) – Brisbane and touring exhibitions, their associated public programs, and touring exhibition bookings.
- Operations & Membership Lead (Paul Thompson) – Office operations, membership inquiries, and bookings for the Flying Arts Web TV studio.
- Marketing & Communications Lead (Kat Johnston) – Media enquiries, social media, website, email communications and members news.
Administration Trainee (Ruby Wood) – General enquiries and your first point of contact Mon – Weds.
Artists + Artsworkers
Exhibition Development Program
[tribe_events_list category=”exhibition-development-program” limit=”1″]
Workshops – Brisbane
[tribe_events_list category=”artist-workshops-brisbane” limit=”2″]
Webinars – Flying Arts Web TV
[tribe_events_list category=”artist-webinars” limit=”2″]
[tribe_events_list category=”artist-consultations” limit=”2″]
[tribe_events_list category=”Artiz-Young-Artist-Development” limit=”2″]
Workshops – Brisbane[tribe_events_list category=”educator-workshops-brisbane” limit=”2″]
Webinars – Flying Arts Web TV[tribe_events_list category=”educator-webinars” limit=”2″]
These By Request programs are available on-demand, and can be booked on behalf of your school. By Request programs can be delivered by our Flying Arts Artist and Facilitator Team anywhere across Queensland.
- Visual Arts Workshops and Projects
- Cross-Curriculum Collaboration
- Cross-Curriculum Collaboration with QMF’s Youth Touring Program
- Small Schools Program
These By Request programs are available on-demand, and can be booked on behalf of creative communities such as groups, festivals, local government, galleries and organisations.
- Visual Arts Workshops and Projects
- Arts Business and Management Workshops
- Curator By Request
- Exhibitions By Request
- Professional Services
[tribe_events_list category=”brisbane-exhibitions” limit=”2″]
[tribe_events_list category=”touring-exhibitions” limit=”2″]
New Flying Arts Memberships
Members are an important part of the Flying Arts family. You can join Flying Arts as a Standard Member at any time. Accredited Membership and Public Liability Insurance is available to sole traders engaged in activities related to professional practice on a pro rata annual basis. Next round closes 25 January for insurance beginning 1 February.
All members are entitled to a great range of Member Benefits.