Benefits for financial members of the Association include:
- 2 x $25 rebate vouchers for standard workshop fees per year (rebate is calculated off the full cost of the workshop) – Can be used on Flying Arts Workshops only.
- Savings/Discounts from participating Retail Associates (see below)
- Discounted entry fee for Queensland Regional Arts Awards and selected events
- Discounted workshop fees for Flying Arts Artist and Educators workshops
- Voting rights at Annual General Meeting
- Receipt of regular e-news bulletins containing the latest Flying Arts program events, industry hot topics and case studies, residencies, grants, awards and prizes, jobs and opportunities, as well as a range of special promotions and give-aways.
- Ability to submit members news
- Other benefits as may arise
Submit Members News
Do you have an upcoming exhibition, workshop or event you are involved in or are hosting? Flying Arts members are invited to submit their news to be featured on the Flying Arts website.
Through its partnerships and associations Flying Arts is also able to offer access to a complete range of art materials and supplies, framing services and art books and merchandise at very competitive prices to our valued members. Please support our Business Associates, to help support us.
Please present your membership card when accessing any of these services.
Set in Spring Hill on the doorstep of Brisbane’s vibrant CBD, The Johnson hotel takes its design cues from celebrated Australian abstract artist, Michael Johnson.
This luxury boutique hotel hosts a myriad of features including 96 self-contained, open-plan suites including an elegant penthouse, a 50-metre pool with a sundeck, a gymnasium, plus conference and events facilities. The guest experience is further complimented with lashings of Johnson artworks, in-house art libraries and a dedicated art channel.
Please click HERE to access rates and book.
Members Benefit: 15% discount on best room rates when staying at the TRYP Fortitude Valley Hotel
Members Benefit: 15% off exhibition space lease
Woolloongabba Art Gallery has two contemporary lease spaces available for artists to utilise for one day popups or longer solo or group exhibitions. A number of professional artists services also available. Present your membership card when applying for the space to access this discount.
So You Want to be an Artist (& still be able to eat)
“Being an artist is… about building a business career from your creative talents”.
This book is is a guide to the crazy world that is the arts, written and compiled by eleven emerging writers, in consultation with key arts and business organisations. It’s jam packed with useful information in bite sized chunks. It is geared toward emerging artists and arts workers across all disciplines.
$25 including postage & handling ($20 Members)
$20 pick up only from the office
From River Beds to Shearing Sheds – 30 years with Flying Arts
The Story of one man’s dream to give people living in outback Queensland the same opportunity to study fine art as the people in the city – helping them overcome the mental isolation of life in the bush.”
$24 including postage & handling
$19 pick up only from the office