May the fourth be with you!
Whether you groaned or chuckled at the most popular pun of the calendar year, May is certainly not light-hearted here at Flying Arts. In fact, the amount we have on offer is definitely in the heavy weight category!
The business of art is high on the agenda in a variety of ways. Allow us to highlight a couple of opportunities for you:
- Firstly, build your business with good foundations from the get go in Business Basics for Artists. There only a few spots left for day workshop on 7 May, so register without delay!
- Get your exhibitions proposals noticed by galleries by signing up for our Exhibition Development Program weekend intensive, with the added bonus of having your proposal reviewed.
For Regional Artists
How are your entries coming along for this year’s Queensland Regional Art Awards? With prizes valued in excess of $25,000, this could be the boost and profile your art practice needs. Entries open now and close 17 July.
For Young Artists
Immerse yourself in the most cutting edge art practice in your holidays at Artiz INNOVATIVE. Registrations are closing on 15 May!
We have some excellent professional development opportunities for you also: For Artists and Educators in Central Queensland
- Our renowned program, Connecting Arts with School Curriculum, is heading to the Emerald Art Gallery on June 11 &12. If you are a generalist or art educator looking for inspiration to offer arts rich curriculum experiences, or a local artist keen to work in schools, register now to secure your place.
- Tune in to our webinar, Cross Curriculum Collaborations for Middle School, on 18 May for detailed practical case studies in combining arts and science in particular, as well as arts with other non-arts areas, for middle school year levels.
- We also have two full day workshops, Video Art & Sound: An Intro to Smart Phone Video Production and Indigenous Art & Protocols, for teachers to gain hands on ideas and skills for the class room.
Touring Artist Journal
Simon Degroot in Mountain Creek
Flying Artist Simon Degroot recently delivered a workshop at a school in Mountain Creek. We asked him a few questions about his experience. What workshop, project or event did you facilitate? What skills, techniques or theories were presented to participants? My workshop Super Hand Painted: Shapes in the Landscape, is about building the world you…
Alumni of the Queensland Regional Art Awards
The Queensland Regional Art Awards (QRAA) has seen some extraordinary art and artists emerge from its award winners and touring artists. One of the Alumni of this prestigious and unique award and exhibition is Cindy Wider. We asked her a few questions about her experience of the award and what she is up to now.
Entries Open: Queensland Regional Art Awards 2017
Entries close 17 July @ 5:00pm
Artists + Educators
Connecting Arts with School Curriculum
[tribe_events_list category=”connecting-arts-with-school-curriculum” limit=”2″]
Artists + Artsworkers
[tribe_events_list category=”artist-consultations” limit=”2″]
Workshops – Brisbane
[tribe_events_list category=”artist-workshops-brisbane” limit=”2″]
Webinars – Flying Arts Web TV
[tribe_events_list category=”artist-webinars” limit=”2″]
Exhibition Development Program
[tribe_events_list category=”exhibition-development-program” limit=”1″]
Young Artist Development
[tribe_events_list category=”Artiz-Young-Artist-Development” limit=”2″]
Workshops – Brisbane[tribe_events_list category=”educator-workshops-brisbane” limit=”2″]
Webinars – Flying Arts Web TV[tribe_events_list category=”educator-webinars” limit=”2″]
These By Request programs are available on-demand, and can be booked on behalf of your school. By Request programs can be delivered by our Flying Arts Artist and Facilitator Team anywhere across Queensland.
- Visual Arts Workshops and Projects
- Cross-Curriculum Collaboration
- Cross-Curriculum Collaboration with QMF’s Youth Touring Program
- Small Schools Program
These By Request programs are available on-demand, and can be booked on behalf of creative communities such as groups, festivals, local government, galleries and organisations.
- Visual Arts Workshops and Projects
- Arts Business and Management Workshops
- Curator By Request
- Exhibitions By Request
- Professional Services
View all programs for Creative Communities
[tribe_events_list category=”brisbane-exhibitions” limit=”2″]
[tribe_events_list category=”touring-exhibitions” limit=”2″]
Grounded – Mundubbera
12 May – 28 Jun
This stop of the Grounded Touring Exhibition is at the Mundubbera Regional Art Gallery, Mundubbera. Grounded, a commission by Glasgow Life for Festival 2014, XX Commonwealth Games, is the seventh exhibition in Judith Parrott’s Place Matters series.
New Flying Arts Memberships
Members are an important part of the Flying Arts family. You can join Flying Arts as a Standard Member at any time. Accredited Membership and Public Liability Insurance is available to sole traders engaged in activities related to professional practice on a pro rata annual basis. Next round closes 25 April for insurance beginning 1 May.
All members are entitled to a great range of Member Benefits.