Flying Arts is seeking submissions of tiny art works from Flying Arts members for a series of exhibitions on display in the public foyer spaces at the Judith Wright Centre during 2019. There will be four seasonal sittings of tiny art throughout 2019. Up to four featured artists will be selected for each exhibition. Works will be exhibited in covered secure plinths. All works can be made available for sale (optional).
Artworks will need to be small enough to fit in our display plinths: the smallest plinth has a display area of 51 x 51cm and largest is 71 x 71cm. Acrylic covers for the plinths are 58cm high.
Exhibitions will be promoted online via website Flying Arts website and social media channels and on the Judith Wright Centre ‘What’s On’ pages.
- 2019 Judy Plinth Exhibitions EOI Submissions Close – 5pm Thurs 31st January 2019
Artists will be notified of selections – first week in February
- Autumn Exhibition – Artworks delivered to Flying Arts by: end of February
- Autumn Exhibition – March – April, 2019
- Winter Exhibition – June – July 2019
- Spring Exhibition August – November 2019
- Summer Exhibition December – March 2019
Information to include in your application
- Good quality images of the works being submitted for selection
(or images of works that are similar if they have not yet been made)
- Dimensions and medium details
- Description of works and a brief artist statement
- Brief artist bio
- Headshot of you
- Address and contact details
To submit your works to be considered for curation into the program for next year, please send your proposals to our Exhibition Program Lead, Lisa Beilby at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any further questions, you can also call Lisa on 07 32161322 (Mon – Thurs).
Please Note: All staff will be out of office Sat December 22 – Sat January 8. Application questions cannot be fielded during that period.
Full Terms and Conditions
- Submissions will only be accepted from current financial Flying Arts Members (Pro-rata membership rates start at $10 for concession card holders. Both standard and accredited members are encouraged to apply.)
- Artwork must be the original work of the artist.
- If the artwork is a collaborative effort or community group piece, all artists must be acknowledged and give consent for the artwork to be used.
- Submissions will be considered for any visual art medium appropriate to display on covered plinths. Preference will be given to small scale 3D and new media artworks.
- Selected works must be appropriately sized to fit into the plinth display cabinets, the smallest sized plinth has a base of 51 x 51cm, largest 71 x 71cm, the maximum height inside the display cases is 58cm.
- Selected artworks must be ready for display in plinth display cabinets ie. free standing, stable works, or provided with stands.
- It is the sole responsibility of the artist to package the work appropriately, deliver their artwork to the Flying Arts Office in Brisbane, and collect their artwork on conclusion of the exhibition.
- The curator and/or venue reserve the right not to install artworks deemed unsafe for public display and to use a selection process at their discretion if the total number of artworks exceeds venue capacity.
- Selected artists allow the sponsors, venues and Flying Arts to take photographs and/or use submitted photo documentation of the full artwork or detail for publicity of the specific exhibition and prize which they have entered, and for exhibition didactic purposes prior to and during the exhibition period without fee. Archival images can be used for reporting purposes after the exhibition period with appropriate artist attribution and will not be used for any commercial activities or promotions without consent of the artist and payment for use.
- If you choose to make your work available for sale, Flying Arts will retain 33% commission of the retail price (inc. GST), please price your works to include the commission.
- Flying Arts staff and its representatives reserve the right not to publish or present artworks deemed unsuitable or offensive.