This resource provides you with instructions on how to properly prepare 2-Dimensional artworks for hanging.
You will need:
- D-Hooks (also known as D-rings) and Screws x2 (Make sure to use appropriate hooks that can support double the weight of the artwork)
- Woven Picture Wire (A bit more than the width of the painting)
- Mark 2 points on the inside of the boxed canvas about 1/3 down from the top of the canvas.
- Place the D-Hooks in place and insert the screws to keep the hooks in place.
- Measure a piece of wire the width of the canvas and include a bit extra.
- Thread the wire through the first D-Hook twice and neatly wrap the remaining wire around it. If there is too much extra wire cut some off).
- Pull the wire across the back of the painting to the other D-Hook, leaving 3cm extra for the wire to hang.