The following are the eligibility, conditions of entry and entry requirements of the Queensland Regional Art Awards 2018.
Conditions of Entry
- Artwork must be the original work of the artist, completed after 1 July 2017.
- If the artwork is a collaborative effort or community group piece, all artists must be acknowledged and give consent for the artwork to be used. The artists must contact the project coordinator to indicate the recipient of the prize in the event their artwork is nominated.
- Artworks can be in any visual art medium.
- 2D artwork cannot exceed 120cm in any one direction (including outside framing dimensions) and must weigh no more than 10kg. Wall-hanging 3D works cannot exceed 120cm in height and width, cannot exceed 25cm in depth, and must weigh no more than 10kg. Freestanding 3D works must not be larger than 50cm in any one direction, and weigh no more than 25kg (including display elements).
- Selected artworks must be ready for display and touring ie. d-rings attached; works on paper, photographs and thin stretched canvases must be framed. All framed works must use perspex – glass will not be accepted.
- It is the sole responsibility of the artist to package the work appropriately, deliver their artwork to the Flying Arts Office in Brisbane, and collect their artwork on conclusion of the tour. Flying Arts will be responsible for freight during the touring exhibition.
- The curator and/or venues reserve the right not to install artworks deemed unsafe for public display and to use a selection process at their discretion if the total number of artworks exceeds venue capacity.
- Selected touring artists and winners allow the sponsors, venues and Flying Arts to take photographs and/or use submitted photo documentation of the full artwork or detail for publicity of the specific exhibition and prize which they have entered, and for exhibition didactic purposes prior to and during the exhibition period without fee. Archival images can be used for reporting purposes after the exhibition period with appropriate artist attribution and will not be used for any commercial activities or promotions without consent of the artist and payment for use.
- If you choose to make your work available for sale, Flying Arts will take a 33% commission of the retail price (inc. GST).
- Artworks chosen must be available for exhibition Nov 2018 – Jan 2020.
- Flying Arts staff and its representatives reserve the right not to publish artworks deemed unsuitable or offensive.
- The signed entry form indicates the artist’s consent.
- This competition is open to artists currently living in regional and remote Queensland, outside of the Brisbane City Council boundary. The minimum entry age is 15.
- Judges of the award, current Flying Arts employees, board members, and their immediate family are not eligible to enter.
- Artworks that have previously won a major State, National or International award are not eligible for the Queensland Regional Art Awards.
- Entrants in the Annie Tan Memorial Watercolour Award must not have won a major State or National art prize or award, and must not have current agent or gallery representation.
- Your artwork must meet the criteria for your selected prize category.
- Your artwork must be accompanied by an artist statement which addresses your chosen theme/idea. Entries that do not address a theme of local or regional significance will be deemed ineligible.
- Pay the non-refundable entry fee of $25* for entrants up to 26 years of age; $30* Flying Arts members Early Bird Entries (before 29 June); $35* non-members Early Bird Entries (before 29 June); $35* Flying Arts members (after 29 June); $35* non-members (after 29 June). * This fee includes GST.
- Complete our easy online form and payment option at our website OR complete the printed entry form and send to Flying Arts together with a disk of images and payment via cheque or money order.
- Please make cheques to: FLYING ARTS ALLIANCE INC/QRAA
- Remember to complete all details on the cheque including your name, the amount and your signature.
- One artwork per entry may be submitted.
- Please upload one professional quality photograph of the artwork. Minimum image size of 1748 x 2480 pixels, and the file must be between 1 – 2 MB in size.
- You may submit a maximum of two images for each 3D work.
- Digital entries – upload a still image of your work. If your digital work is a video entry, please forward your video entry by post on DVD or via dropbox in MP4, MPEG or AVI format. (2 versions – SD for online gallery and HD for judging).
- The image file/s MUST be named using your name and the artwork title as listed in the entry form. eg: Pablo Picasso_Guernica.jpg.
- Please supply an artist statement describing how your work addresses the competition theme – 150 words maximum.
Please return to Queensland Regional Art Awards 2018 to submit your entry.