In the 2015 Queensland Regional Art Awards, there was no specific theme to address. Artists were asked to identify and address a significant theme relevant to their local region or community drawing on personal experiences or observations. The selected theme had to be articulated in an accompanying artist statement of 100-150 words.
In 2015 all participating artists were featured in the QRAA Online Gallery, had the opportunity to win an award and to be selected for the touring exhibition, to be curated by Jan Manton (Jan Manton Art). The exhibition will tour to key centres around Queensland in 2016 including Brisbane.
- Jan Manton, Jan Manton Art (Curator)
- Alexis Tacey, USQ
- Ashleigh Campbell, Cairns Regional Gallery
- Rose Rigley, The Weight of Remembrance – The Wayne Kratzmann Award – $10,000 cash, acquisitive award
- Nicola Hooper, Rats with Wings – The Annie Tan Memorial Watercolour Award -$2500 cash, non acquisitive award
- Aaron Butt, Missed Encounter (Foster) – Brian Tucker Young Artist Development Award – $1500 cash, non acquisitive award
- Linda Clark, Wishbones and Backbones – Gray Puksand Digital Art Award – fully funded two week residency at The Edge, Queensland State Library
- Brigitte Peel, History Unknown – Art Shed Brisbane People’s Choice Award – Adult: $500 materials voucher
- Ayanna Pocock, Hidden Vines – Art Shed Brisbane People’s Choice Award – Young Person: $250 materials voucher
- Ilona Demecs with Grant Hunter, Rebuilding our shelves – Janet de Boer/Flying Arts Textile Award – $750 bursary to attend Blue Mountains Contextart
The following works have been selected for the touring exhibition. The exhibition will open in Warwick in February 2016, before heading off on a whistle stop tour around the state, including Brisbane.